Located between Piazza Santa Croce and Piazza della Signoria, the Church of San Remigio has a particular charm characteristic of the small old churches of Florence. The current establishment is mainly the result of the reconstruction works carried out in mid 14th century, though the church is first mentioned in 1040. The Gothic elements are the result of the respective reconstruction, but they are complemented by other Baroque structures added in early 19th century, such as the altars (owed to Leopoldo Pasqui). A Pieta by Giottino has been moved from San Remigio and sheltered in the Uffizi Gallery.

Church of San Remigi
Piazza San Remigio, Florence